Symlex: A lean framework stack for agile Web development based on Symfony and Vuetify¶
Symlex aims to simplify agile Web development by providing a working system that promotes best practices by example:
- Built on top of well documented and tested standard components
- Contains everything to create full-featured Web applications: Service container, REST routing & Twig template engine
- Strict use of dependency injection for configuration and bootstrapping
- Small code and memory footprint
- Extremely fast compared to other PHP frameworks
Since its initial release in 2014, it has proven to be well suited for rapidly building microservices, CLI and single-page applications. It comes complete with working examples from testing to forms and database abstraction. Simply delete what you don't need.
The kernel is tiny and only creates a service container for bootstrapping your application within its context. Using a single container for configuration and dependency injection reduces complexity and leads to improved performance compared to other frameworks. It also prevents developers from thoughtlessly installing bundles without understanding them. The result is less bloat and simpler, more maintainable and testable code that is fundamental for agile development.
Plain classes are used wherever possible to avoid vendor lock-in and enable framework independent code reuse.